Laminating with an Iron Experiment: Does It Really Work?

A couple weeks ago I saw this great idea on Pinterest 
What a livesaver!! How to Laminate With an Iron. So happy I found this, don't have to buy a laminator machine!that says, in a pinch, you can use a common household iron to laminate things. I couldn't believe it- how darn cool!

But, I'm the eternal skeptic so.....I decided to try it out myself and see! Plus, I thought some others might be interested in seeing whether it truly works.....

Here is my experiment:





YES!!! It worked!! .....and pretty darn well!
The important part is placing the item inside the laminating pouch and then inside a cotton shirt. If you skip this step it will wrinkle up really bad (trust me on this!!!!). Place the iron on its cotton setting and let it heat up. Run the iron over the cotton shirt for 30 seconds. Then let it cool inside the shirt for a minute before removing.... IT WORKED!!