Pigs in Hiding (100th day)

FREEBIE - Pigs in Hiding


The 100th day of school is Thursday......EEEKKK!!!! I am almost as excited as the kiddos (true sign on a kinder teacher :0) Anyways, we are doing tons of fun learning activities this week associated with the number 100.

What's on tab for tomorrow????Well, I'll tell ya!! Pigs - pigs everywhere!!!!!!

One of the great activities I love begins with reading the darling book - Pigs in Hiding - by Arlene Dubanevich.
It's such a cute story in which a whole bunch of piggies are playing hide and go seek. One little piggie looks for the others, but can't find them (despite it being obvious to the reader where they are). Finally in the end all the piggies come out.


Then is when all the fun begins.......


After reading the book (I read it to my class in a place other than my classroom). When we return to the classroom door, I have a friend or co-worker meet us and exclaim, " There are piggies everywhere. I wonder how many there are?" (These paper piggies are all over our room!)

We then set out on a quest to find all the piggies and count how many there are - forming a hundred's chart along the way..

I hope you love this FREEBIE as much as I do!!!