Website Wednesday


Ok this site is a teacher and student fav! I know you will LOVE it too!  It's Professor Garfield and is a site that fits students of all elementary ages. The even better thing about this website is it is COMPLETELY FREE!!!

In kinder, we use it mostly for phonemic awareness and phonics practice. It's so fun!!
It has games for everything from rhyming to blending to beginning reading games.

Click on "Transport to Reading" and then you have a choice to go to "Orson's Farm" for phonemic awareness or "Garfield's Island" for phonics.

Here are some of the skills in each of these places:

Orson's Farm 
Meet the Gang - Rhyming Words
The Chicken Coop - beginning sounds
The Hay Loft - Phoneme Blending (onset/rime)
Orson's Waller - Phoneme Blending
Lanolin's Greenhouse - Phoneme Manipulation
Pumpkin Patch - Phoneme Manipulation

Garfield's Island
Fishing for Phonics - beginning and ending letters
Match of Mystery - (short vowels, long vowels, digraphs, silent e, dipthongs)
Toon Book Reader - read along stories
StoryBook Reader - guides kids reading by asking questions




I often use these games whole group to introduce them as we are beginning to learn these skills. However, I then quickly move them to the promethean board literacy center.


I hope I gave you something new to try and I hope you love this site!! I know my kiddos do!!