Fun Easter activity for the classroom

One of my favorite activities to do with my class each year is to have an Easter Egg hunt. I have them bring their baskets and all. The girls even wear their cute dresses and are all decked out! I love watching them bumble around in search of the plastic eggs.....But of course always I always try to keep it academic....

I've tried different ways to prepare the eggs. I've done the slips of paper in the eggs, problems/words written on the outside of the eggs, candy in the eggs, candy outside the eggs.......Here is what I find that works best for me....

I prepare plastic eggs with small cards inside the eggs. I have buckets of candy set up.

I made these super cute Easter Eggheads for our Easter Egg hunt and you can use them too! :0) All you have to do is print, cute, and place an egghead inside each plastic egg. This activity supports numeral identification.These adorable "eggheads" have numbers 0-100 written on them.


I place each egghead inside a plastic egg. Then, of course, I "hide" the eggs. In kinder I make them pretty easy to find or it will be a daylong event. I tell the kids you can find 5 eggs and send them on their way. As they find an egg, they open it and read the number....then they have to find another person and tell them the number too. Once they have done that, they can come choose a piece of candy to put in their basket. 

I've tried filling the eggs with candy and that doesn't work well here in Texas (we wind up with a lesson about what heat does to chocolate)...... Not a pretty sight...and if it doesn't melt - most of the candy ends up on the ground from eggs busting open.

I have learned having the kids search for eggs and then coming to get their candy from me works much better.



I hope you like this activity and find it useful! You can download these adorable number "eggheads" HERE!!