This week on my coffee table: MAKE HEY WHILE THE SUN SHINES

Happy Monday dear friends!
I want to start the new week sharing a book review for my column "This week on my coffee table". I'd like to thanks all of you for the positive comments about the new design of the column: I'm really happy that you liked the change! These are the feedback that push me to improve my blog, so thank you so much.
I would like to remember you the recap page, with all the informations about the book (it's the first image below) where you can find also my vote. My vote is expressed with the number of the glasses, from 1 to 5. I want to say that the vote it's just my personal opinion, I don't want to offend the writer/photographer/editor, but since I pay for these books I want to be free to express my opinion (but always in a polite way!).
So, enjoy the review and as usual I invite you to share with me and with the other readers your impressions if you have the book too.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MAKE HEY WHILE THE SUN SHINES:


what I like:
♦ the pictures/graphic - as a photographer, the first thing that I notice when I buy a book is the pictures quality and this book made me say "oohhh"..beautiful pics, fab kind of paper and amazing graphic design.
♦ the patterns and recipes pocket - I love to have the patterns in the DIY books, especially if I have to sew!
♦ the instructions - super easy to follow and {again} great design
♦ the variety of the projects (sewing, embroidery, crochet and more)


what I don't like:
♦ some projects are too easy or meaningless, like the paper wall quilt (pag.47)
♦ a lot of projects are more suitable when kids are around! They are anyway very nice to see, but in the meanwhile...
♦ at first sight I didn't feel the "urgency" to make something inspired by this book..to be honest now I want to make better pictures, but this is not the reason why I've bought the book!

Link:
Site
Amazon
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Buon lunedì cari amci!
Questa settimana, voglio iniziare condividendo la recensione di un nuovo libro per la mia rubrica "This week on my coffee table". Vorrei ringraziare tutti voi per i commenti positivi riguardo il nuovo aspetto che ho adottato per la rubrica: sono veramente felice che vi sia piaciuto il cambiamento! Questi feedback mi spingono a migliorare sempre di più il mio blog, quindi vi ringrazio davvero tanto.
Vorrei ricordarvi la pagina di riepilogo con tutte le informazioni sul libro (è la prima immagine qui sotto) dove potete trovare anche il mio voto. Il mio voto è espresso con il numero degli occhiali, da 1 a 5. Voglio anche ricordare che il voto rispecchia solo la mia opinione personale, non voglio offendere lo scrittore/fotografo/editore, ma siccome questi libri li pago, voglio essere libera di esprimere la mia opinione (ovviamente sempre in modo educato!).
Quindi, godetevi la recensione e come al solito vi invito a condividere con me e con gli altri lettori le vostre impressioni se anche voi avete acquistato il libro.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MAKE HEY WHILE THE SUN SHINES:

quello che mi piace:
♦ le foto/impostazione grafica - come fotografa, la prima cosa che noto quando compro un libro è la qualità delle immagini e questo libro mi ha fatto dire "oohhh"..bellissime foto, favoloso tipo di carta utilizzato e grafica davvero sorprendente.
♦ la tasca per i modelli e le ricette - mi piace avere a disposizione i modelli nei libri di DIY, soprattutto se bisogna cucire!
♦ le istruzioni - super facili da seguire e {ancora una volta} ottimo design.
♦ la varietà dei progetti (cucito, ricamo, uncinetto e altro).


quello che non mi piace:
♦ alcuni progetti sono davvero troppo facili o senza molto senso, come il quilt da muro fatto di carta (pag.47).
♦ un sacco di progetti sono più adatti quando si hanno dei bambini per casa! Sono comunque molto belli da vedere, ma nel frattempo ...
♦ a prima vista non ho sentito "l'urgenza" di creare qualcosa ispirato a questo libro..ad essere onesta ora voglio fare foto migliori, ma non è questo il motivo per cui ho comprato il libro!


Link:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This week on my coffee table: MAKE HEY WHILE THE SUN SHINES
This week on my coffee table: MAKE HEY WHILE THE SUN SHINES
This week on my coffee table: MAKE HEY WHILE THE SUN SHINES
This week on my coffee table: MAKE HEY WHILE THE SUN SHINES
Ilaria Chiaratti 2012