Going Bananas!!! FREEBIE ALERT!

I am working on helping my kindergarteners get a general sense that we can compose numbers in different ways. For example, if we take the number 10 - I can make it in different ways using addition {10+0, 0+10, 1+9, 9+1, 2+8, 8+2, etc.) It's an abstract idea and one that is difficult to grasp (especially for 5 and 6 years old).

We begin by using lots of manipulatives. We interact with those numbers composing and decomposing over time. Once children begin to catch on to this concept, they really start enjoying it. They think it's funny that we can make a number in different ways.

I made this math tub game for them to use. It's called "Going Bananas Over You!". It has a Valentine theme that the kids will adore while they are "feeding" bananas to the number monkeys. This provides great practice of a difficult skill!

Hop on over to my TpT store and grab yours FREE  --> CLICK HERE!!