Butterfly Cards

Hi, Heather here again! I can’t believe this week is going by so fast. I have had such a great time playing in my scrap room with the new SEI collections. They are amazingly beautiful! In honor of my Pinterest post yesterday, I thought I’d share one more Pinterest find that I used as inspiration for the projects below.


I’m calling today “Card Thursday”. I used the gorgeous Field Notes collection again because the colors are so striking and I just love the dimension I can get from the butterflies.

Spread Your Wings Card
For this first card, I used the perforated 12x12 sheet, Curated, and fussy cut the butterflies from the Butterfly sheet. I machine stitched the background and banner and then laid the sentiment across the top.


Tip: When I want to stitch on a card I like to stitch each piece before I adhere it to the card so that you can’t see the stitching on the inside of the card.

I used pop dots to raise the sentiment and to keep the butterflies from flattening out once I put the card in the envelope.


Just Be You Card
This last card was inspired by something I found when I was cleaning out my scrap space last month. Again, I wanted to do something to highlight those gorgeous butterflies and what better than a spinning card??? It really all came together because of the Vignettes 12x12 paper. When I got the collection, this paper really stood out. I immediately started cutting out the beautiful frames and I kept going back to the rectangular frame. At this point, everything just kind of came together. Here is the result...


I double layered the butterflies and added another smaller frame up at the top right. I stamped the sentiment in orange and blue ink, using silver embossing powder to accent the word “BE” so that it would match the silvery foiling on the frames. I can’t stop picking up the card and tilting it back and forth. It’s a bit addicting to watch the butterfly spin around.


Interested in making your own spinning card? I’ve posted a quick & easy 6-step photo tutorial on my blog.

Thanks so much for visiting today.

xoxo Heather
The Spotted Leopard