Valentine Mailbox Letters

Here is my newest FREEBIE all for you....well and me :0)!!!

One of my favorite activities for practicing letter and sound knowledge lives in a little pink mailbox I have in my classroom. I've had this mailbox for years - it's a metal Valentine's mailbox. It's perfect for my "Mailbox Letters" game!

Here is how you play it: You start by holding the mailbox (all the letters are inside). You will be the first "mailman". You begin chanting softly, "Mailman, mailman - you are good to see. Tell me, tell me--do you have a letter for me?" (this is the part that the whole group will chant) and then the person with the mailbox ( mailman) will reply, "Yes I do have a letter for you. You better read your letter too!" Then the mailman hands someone a letter to read.

You keep playing the game for as long as you have time. I love using this activity for transition time.  The kids LOVE playing "mailman" as they call it......Especially by this time in kindergarten, we know all our letters. However, to keep the kids from forgetting them, this is a great break that they enjoy and we are getting in needed review at the same time!!




I hope you can use my Mailbox Letters and enjoy them - I made them Valentine--y!!