california modern


Earlier this year, I did a post "What's your style", explaining that my specialty is casual luxury with a California twist.  I try to incorporate culture, history, playfulness, and nature in every space I design and I think that embodies California design as well.  So when Ally did this post, she inspired me to show you California design in its many incarnations with the same foundation that I abide by.  We are starting with California modern (as a style - not as a geographic necessity.)  





Beautiful light-filled room with easy access outdoors, minimal furnishings with emphasis on clean lines without embellishments.  Natural colors that warm up the space, eliminating the coldness that modern interiors can often feel.  Quirky touches that ease the space away from anything too serious.  This is California Modern.







Elle Decor / Sarah Walker







Veranda/ Michael and Alexandra Misczynski







Architectural Digest/ Michael Smith


















Elle Decor / Trip Haenisch







If you'd like help designing a home you absolutely love, contact me about design services.  You can also follow me on twitter & see what I am saying on facebook.