You're Invited: To My House




I am not always able to throw the parties that I plan on You're Invited.  But this is a party that I hosted at my house in October for all our friends to celebrate our newly married status with us when we returned from our Hawaii wedding and California reception.  





INVITATIONS




I created postcard invitations with a photo of our trip and mailed to guests.





MENU





pea & purple basil crostini (I had purple basil from my CSA)


mini grilled cheese (I used fontina & fig butter)


onion tart (this is DI-vine)


chocolate chip cookies (everyone likes ccc)


I also bought sweet potato chips, pickled okra, jalepeno stuffed olives and mixed up some toasted salty almonds.





LIBATIONS




Lemon & Pineapple infused vodkas with soda water and appropriate garnish for guests to help themselves.  The trick is to use pretty bottles and to put pineapple slices and lemon peel in the bottles for easy ID.  You could also use different flavors - lime, grapefruit, passionfruit, coconut, currant, mango, etc.





DECOR




custom runner in batik fabric


candles everywhere in mercury jar votives (here is a DIY)


mason jars filled with baby's breath



























If you'd like help designing a home you absolutely love, contact me about design services.  You can also follow me on twitter & see what I am saying on facebook.